Abilene Wrongful Death Lawyer
The Abilene News-Reporter reported on May 11, 2017, that Amber Craker, a woman accused of killing her newborn child back in January of 2017 is scheduled to go to trial on June 12, 2017. She will be tried separately from her boyfriend, who is also accused of taking part in the murder. A grand jury indicted the couple on counts of first-degree felony murder and tampering with/fabricating physical evidence with intent to impair a human corpse, which is a second-degree felony. The autopsy of the infant’s corpse displayed three stab wounds around the neck area. It seems that the mother committed the murder, and the boyfriend helped her to try to dispose of the body by throwing the baby’s body into a trash can and helped to clean up the blood.
To read more please click here: http://www.reporternews.com/story/news/crime/2017/05/11/trial-date-set-abilene-woman-accused-killing-newborn/101563096/
Crime Facts at a Glance 2014 According to the Texas Department of Public Safety:
- There were 913,403 index crime offenses reported with a 20.3 percent clearance rate for Texas in 2014.
- The crime rate for the State of Texas was 3,392.2 index offenses for every 100,000 inhabitants.
- During 2014, Texas law enforcement officers made 878,686 arrests. Of those arrested, 6.6 percent were 16 years of age and under.
- Firearms were used in 63.3 percent of all murders reported.
- There were 65,338 aggravated assaults reported. Of these, 21.3 percent were committed by the use of hands, fists, and feet; 21.4 percent involved a knife or cutting instrument, and 24.2 percent involved a firearm.
- 185,817 family violence incidents during 2014. There were 201,051 victims and 195,511 offenders.
- There were 18,756 sexual assault incidents reported with 19,834 victims and 19,821 offenders.
Abilene Wrongful Death AttorneyThis is an unbelievable story. It is hard to fathom that a mother would take the life of her own child. Perhaps she was in a weak mental state, maybe she was at her wit's end. Regardless, an innocent life was taken way to young, and the rest of the family is left with a hole that can never be filled. Losing a child or grandchild is a very excruciating experience. If your child or grandchild was taken from you wrongfully through violence, and you need a lawyer in the Abilene or Big Country area please do not hesitate to call Galbreath Law Firm today.